Program Partners & Sponsors
How Can I Participate With ATDM?
ATDM is a fast-track, intensive, and targeted program for training workers to address critical skills gaps in the Defense Industrial Base (DIB) – more specifically, the Submarine Industrial Base (SIB). Defense manufacturers can engage with ATDM in multiple ways by sending employees to the program for upskilling, sponsoring conditional pre-hires, recruiting students, providing curriculum and training feedback, and participating in workforce connection events.
ATDM is focused on training for in-demand manufacturing jobs in these skilled trades:
- CNC MACHINING
- QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTION (METROLOGY)
- ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
- NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
Key attributes are:
- Rigorous 4-month program providing 600+ hours of training
- Students drawn from veterans’ programs, transitioning military, industry, and other recruiting pools of “mature learners”
- Training aligned with national, industry-recognized credentials and certifications
- Curriculum customized to meet the specific skills needed by the naval submarine and shipbuilding sectors of the defense industry
- Student placement aligned with employment opportunities in the defense industry
To learn more, call us at (434) 766-6680 or submit the form below.